‘Wing Surf’ or ‘Wing Foil’?
The appeal of Wing Foil / Wing Ding / Wing Surf seems to be enormous and we can help you easily decide which course is right for you?
- If you have foiled on a windsurfer / Kitesurf / SUP / Surf / Wakeboard – Our recommendation is you probably should go straight for WINGFOIL
- If you are an experienced short board windsurfer or kitesurfer – If you are keen – again you will probably be best with a WING SURF which may get you there faster but a WING FOIL is possible!
- Limited or No Watersports experience or sailing awareness – Start with WING SURF
- We are the first wingfoil and wingsurf school in Cornwall
- We have experienced and qualified instructors with vast local knowledge
- We teach in flat water conditions with reliable winds enabling students to progress faster
- We always put your safety first making sure you can focus on the fun side of learning
- We provide all the equipment needed to get you started on the water
- We use the latest BBTalkin wireless 2 way communication to improve our coaching and communication.
- Hire equipment is available for when you’re up and going on your own and want to demo kit before buying
- Shop discounts offered to students if you decide to buy any kit from us afterwards.
If you are going to join us
- Parking on site for one car per lesson is covered within the fee.
- There are changing rooms, toilets and showers on site.
- Bring a change of clothes and towel, your own wetsuit and wetsuit boots or trainers you are prepared to get wet. (We can possibly arrange wetsuit hire by prior arrangement if you do not have your own gear)
- A windproof top may be useful to keep you warm for the land based tuition
- You must be confident in the water.
- If you can fill print out the following sheet it will save a little time on arrival/
Tow Foil – Option
A First Flight Tow option with a power boat will give you an understanding of the necessary dynamics of foiling. Fun in its own right, but a great option to speed wing foiling success. Establish the foot placement, body position and weight distribution necessary to ‘low ride’, lift off and touch down. With this muscle memory logged it will speed your learning curve if you go one to introduce wind power and the wing.
A land based introduction to the essentials of wing foiling covering the gear and how to handle and manoeuvre the board and wing together. A site assessment of the location with what to consider is followed by a session on the water. Learn to get on the board, fly the wing and get to a standing position.
Master handling the power and steering the wing on a SUP/windsurf board to cruise across the wind and other ‘points of sail’, turn around and come back . This course will also cover variety of self rescue techniques to understand how to get back to the beach should the wind drop or conditions change.
Wing Foil 1 & 2
Wingtro & Wingpro
From experience the fastest route to success would be spreading this over two sessions. Simply put the the first session (Wing-tro) will get you up and flying – a second session (Wing-Pro)should hopefully see sustained flight
A swift précis of the WING FOIL course will allow your instructor to show you the route you will take from getting on the board to full foiling. The introduction to the board and foil on land is combined with launch and recovery techniques. Managing your wing and approach to the board will lead to you standing and development of low riding control. The final step builds on everything to allow you to successfully control your first foiling flights. The next stage is progressing you on to sustained flight and foiling transitions.
For more information on course or booking please Contact us here
School location – Windsport International, Mylor Yacht Harbour, Falmouth, TR11 5UF
Enjoy Camping on site -Coastland – New for 2021
Why not make the most of this amazing location and book a pitch. Stunning views and facilities with the thriving Mylor Yacht Harbour a short stroll away with shops and great food offerings from – Cafe Mylor and Castaways .