For many years the Whip has been at the pinnacle of the compact shaped surfboard market. The advantages this style offers are numerous, the small shape makes it easy to turn the board aggressively in the pocket, it’s perfect for the latest freestyle tricks, and it makes travel a breeze. This year the Whip SLS got a significant make-over; the goal was to bring this already cutting-edge board right up to date with the latest hydrodynamic shape. The board features increased rocker, a slightly narrower nose outline, lower, rounder rails and a new “wide bump-squash” tail design. The new Whip SLS is quicker and more agile when transitioning from rail to rail, much more reactive and also able to operate in a tighter transition in small waves. The compact shape makes the Whip SLS the ideal board for strapless freestyle pros and seasoned surfers. The Whip SLS is an extremely well-balanced board with incredible handling, but still provides explosive snap off the top with the ability to turn in a very tight radius on steep sections. The Whip SLS isn’t defined by the conditions of the day or a particular style of riding; it can handle it all and take you to incredible heights; all you need to do is jump on board.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE SMALL WAVE / FREESTYLE BOARD– FOR SMALL WAVES AND STRAPLESS FREESTYLE, THE SHAPE OF THE WHIP SLS IS IT.
- SNAPPY TOP TURNS – LOOSE AND FAST, THE WHIP SLS ALLOWS SUPER SNAPPY TOP TURNS.
- INCREDIBLE SPEED GENERATION – DUE TO ITS BOTTOM AND SHAPE, THE BOARD CREATES SPEED SUPER FAST.
- INNEGRA SHIELD – VASTLY INCREASES DURABILITY AND IMPACT RESISTANCE, MAKING THE SLS BOARDS SIGNIFICANTLY MORE RESILIENT AGAINST CRACKS, DINGS AND HEEL DENTS.
- CORK SHOCK ABSORBER 2.0 – THE CORK SHOCK ABSORBER 2.0 IS APPLIED AS A DAMPER IN THE HEEL AREA OF THE BOARD TO AVOID HEEL DENTS.
- CARBON BEAM – FOR DURABILITY AND A LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION.